In this issue of Autovolt : Main features in this issue are:
• Tom Curtis’ Leaf - Part two of Tom’s ownership experience with his second hand Nissan Leaf.
• LifeStyle Gear - The latest gear, tech and gadgets to complement your electrified vehicle.
• COLUMN: Robert Llewellyn - Robert discusses technology of the future that’s already here today and how the rate of change is dizzying.
• COLUMN: Mark Preston - Guest columnist Mark Preston studies whether electric cars’ trump card is autonomous driving.
• FIRST DRIVE: Renault Zoe Z.E.40 - Autovolt editor, Jonathan Musk, flies to Portugal to drive the first generation of small EVs equipped with a large battery.
• REVIEW: Kia Optima PHEV - Family and business friendly, Kia’s first UK plug-in hybrid, the Optima PHEV, is put through its paces on UK roads. Does its plug really equip it with +170mpg economy?
• FEATURE: University Solar Challenge - We explore solar car racing with the Cambridge University Eco Racing team to find out what it takes to race in the World Solar Challenge.
• INSIGHT: EV Charging. Innovation Needed? - Guest contributor Phil Sheppard questions who should do what with UK electric charge points.
• INSIGHT: Should every vehicle be autonomous? - A look at whether all vehicles should be made autonomous, or just some core utilities.
• INTERVIEW: EVA app - Tom Curtis talks to the creators of a popular Nissan Leaf app and finds out why it’s so popular despite competition from manufacturer produced apps.
• TECHNOLOGY: Nissan Futures 2 - Nissan shows the way forward with several technical revolutions including the benefits to the economy autonomous driving can bring and the usefulness of static battery storage sites.
• Rear View BY LUCY HARGRAVE - The topic this issue: Connected cars, do we need them?
To find out more info about what’s inside this issue, visit www.autovolt-magazine.com
The latest EV and hybrid news, plus handy guides explaining electric and hybrid vehicles to both the beginner and enthusiast alike complement every issue.
What is Readly?
With Readly you can read Autovolt (issue Jan/Feb 2017) and thousands of other magazines on your tablet and smartphone. Get access to all with just one subscription. New releases and back issues – all included.
Try Readly For Free!